5.22.2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Blondies

.  A weekend recap is a must.  And if you don't want to hear about it, tough ☺


So this last Saturday, two friends of mine and myself ran in the Mud, Sweat, and Beer Run!  Ha, I know, don't laugh.  As you can probably guess, it's a completely fun time!  Thousands of people, loud music, and of course, loads of beer.  

Now, I'm not a beer fan, so that wasn't my incentive.  But a crazy atmosphere and challenging 7K run through the country will get me every time.


And despite our lack of preparation, all three of us did great!  Now, you can probably guess that the Mud, Sweat, and Beer Run isn't full of Boston Marathoner-like people.  But no need to reiterate that point.  Each of us pushed ourselves and I think finished better than any of us were expecting.  So mission accomplished!


So onto these bars.  Which have no connection to our race this last weekend whatsoever, so I won't even try to twist some crazy story.  Maybe I could say the macadamia nuts would give you some needed energy before your next big race...but let's not go there.  Let's just say that these bars are too simple and danggggg tasty!  I mean a seriously chewy blondie filled to the max with white chocolate chunks and toasted macadamia nuts?  Can't.  Go.  Wrong.  The end  .


Ingredients:
1 c. plus 1 tsp. butter, at room temperature
1-1/2 c. light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3 c. plus 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. macadamia nuts, toasted and rough chopped

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 350°F.  Grease a 13x9-inch pan with the 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of flour, or spray with cooking spray.  Set aside.
  2. Evenly spread macadamia nuts on baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fragrant and slightly browned.  Set aside until ready to use.
  3. For bars, place butter and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment and cream together on medium speed until smooth batter is formed (about 3 minutes).  While the mixer is running, add eggs and vanilla extract, until incorporated into batter.
  4. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups of flour and baking powder.  Slowly add flour mixture to the batter and mix on low speed until a dough is formed.  Very gently, fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts into dough.
  5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set yet still moist.
Yield: 2 dozen bars



post signature

16 comments:

  1. Those look very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could sure taste one of those right now. They look delish! And of course not a calorie in them. Your weekend sounds interesting. Not sure about the mud part but I know you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, there's never a calorie in any of my treats. It's one of my talents! ;)

      Delete
  3. I just may have to try these! They look so good! BFM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! SO yummy. And congrats on the run - I hear mud and I run...screaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the comment, that made me laugh out loud.

      Delete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe is being featured today at today's Menu and Party Idea Round Up from Cast Party Wednesday #42! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! Have a GREAT week! ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look just fantastic. I cannot wait to try them out. Come and visit us. we have some wonderful things to share this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that they look fudgy, not cakey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they're definitely very chewy and not cake-like at all. I'm thinking you should test them out ;)

      Delete
  8. OMG! I love WCM cookies - definitely need to try these :)

    Stopping by from Mix It Up Monday - pinned to share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely recipe! It looks like a big portion of blondies.. I would probably try making half of it.. :) otherwise it would be too much just for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this recipe! Being a guy who doesn't cook meals like this often, I did find it pretty easy. I used farm fresh Hawaii Macadamia Nuts from a local farm here in Hawaii, and other fresh ingredients. Great post, and great recipe! Mahalo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These smell like sheer HEAVEN coming out of the oven…I actually caramelized the macadamia nuts while toasting them (w/apprx 2 T sugar) and I have just pulled them out of the oven after 30 minutes (barely golden…just set)…Should I wait until they are cold to cut them?…Are they best served chilled..warm…or at room temp?…Thank you for this WONDER of blonde brownie bliss!!…I used Swiss white chocolate with speculoos bits….and added a half cup of chopped salted caramels to take them a tad "over the top" for my French "anything white chocolate/caramel/macadamia nut/blondie" freak husband!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: