4.14.2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie


. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Pie Crust.  Pie Crust.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Just the mention of those words makes my mouth water.  I mean really, who doesn't love chocolate chip cookie dough right out of the bowl?  Don't be ashamed, we all do (even if we try to keep it a secret).  And who can resist a perfectly flakey, buttery pie crust?  I sure can't!  So it seemed like the heavens had collided and the planets had aligned when I first came across this recipe on Love From the Oven.  I have to admit though, my Bacon-loving Friend gave me the push to get this goodie at the top of my to-make list, so I can't take ALL of the credit ☺

Actually, I would like to take a moment to congratulate my Bacon-loving Friend on her most recent accomplishment.  A couple of weeks ago, Bacon-loving Friend got her 'score' for her FINAL section of the certified public accountant (CPA) exam.  And....dum ,dum, da dum!  She passed with FLYING colors!  For the accountants of the world (even though I'm not one but since I'm surrounded by them on a daily basis and oh yeah, my boyfriend is one, I know this), you know the hard work, long hours of studying, and endless number of social events given up, to study for this thing.  It basically consumes their life.  Completely not any fun for anyone and everyone around them, but it's just something those accountants have to do.  It comes with the profession.  Anyway, Bacon-loving Friend has passed her exam and rightfully claimed her life back (wink, wink)!  So...

ConGratulAtiOns!!

Which brings me to the reason the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie became numero uno on my list.  A demanding polite request was submitted by Bacon-loving Friend to bring in this wondrous creation to the office in celebration of her hard-earned certification.  And I obviously can't pass up any excuse to bake (even though this was a legit reason), so I promptly organized the things I needed and got to it.


Oh. My. Word.

First off, this pie was devoured before lunch time.  But who can blame my co-workers?  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Pie Crust.  Pie Crust.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Remember?  This pie, any way you slice it, is truly a little piece of heaven.  The crust is well, perfect.  Not to toot my own horn or anything because it's definitely not recipe created by me, but it is SO good!  I made the pie crust using a recipe from my Heirloom Baking book.  I've actually used it for several other pies but this time around, it turned out just right.  I think it had a lot to do with using the food processor, so my [greasy] hands weren't all over the dough.

And what can I say about this filling to really give you the full effect?  Let's see...it's gooey.  It's buttery.  It's chocolatey.  It's DELISH!  That's all folks.

Joking, but the chocolate chip cookie dough filling is indescribable.  The only reference I can use is that it highly resembles the consistency of pecan pie filling (Note:  I've never had pecan pie but I've seen it and Bacon-loving Friend thought so, too).  But regardless, it's unreal!

So what am I going to leave you with?  A COMMAND to make this pie for your guests [and yourself] this weekend.  Do everyone a favor, please .

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Adapted from Love From the Oven


Ingredients:
Crust:
2-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/4 c. ice water

Cookie Dough Filling:
2 large eggs
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. pecans or walnuts (optional)

Directions:

1.  For crust, place flour, sugar and salt in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade.  Pulse three times to mix.  Add butter and pulse until crumbly.  Add water.  Pulse until mixture comes together.



2.  Remove dough from bowl of food processor, divide in half and shape each half into a disk.


3.  Roll out one disk of dough between 2 sheets of floured wax paper or parchment paper until 2 inches wider than the pie plate.

4.  Fold rolled disk in half and then in quarters.  Place folded dough into bottom quarter of pie plate.  Carefully unfold dough and let it relax into plate.  Trim excess dough around rim, and form decorative edge as desired.  Chill dough while preparing filling.



5.  Heat oven to 325°F.  For filling, beat eggs in mixer until foamy.  Add flour and both sugars; beat until well blended.  Beat in butter.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.  Pour batter into prepared crust and spread out evenly.  


6.  Bake 50 to 55 minutes.  Let cool before serving.


Yield: 12 servings


*My Notes:
  • The crust recipe actually makes enough dough for two crusts.  Knowing this, I decided to double the filling and make two pies (I know, dangerous because I knew I'd chow on this!) and both turned out great!  So give one to your friends and keep the other one allllll for yourself, that's what we did ☺
  • The original recipe on Love From the Oven makes this pie with a store-bought crust, which is obviously just fine!  It's definitely a time saver, so if you need something quick, there's your answer (but I must say, my pie crust is super easy and fast as well...no pressure).

2 comments:

  1. Ah!! Thanks for all congrats. :D

    Your bacon loving friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I have to try this. It looks soo good!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: