3.15.2011

Tried & True Tuesday: Sprinkles Cupcakes


. It's been QUITE a while since I've posted anything, all because this last week has been an absolute blur.  First off, let me start by telling you that my boyfriend and I are currently in Phoenix, Arizona, for the baseball spring training games and to watch a friend who is in the minor leagues for the Cincinnati Reds.  We've been here since Friday night and are actually leaving tomorrow, but it's been a couple busy, fun-filled days of gorgeous weather and baseball watching.  We decided to make this random trip just last weekend but it has all been well worth it!

Anywho, aside from watching some studly athletes at the baseball field, we've had the chance to thoroughly explore the Phoenix area.  During one of our little travels, we decided to stop in Scottsdale to see what the city had to offer.  And boy, oh boy, did it have a lot to offer!  As we were driving down the street, I noticed a familiar looking store name and that signature dot design known most everywhere (if you're even somewhat of a foodie).  After basically climbing over the driver's seat to get a closer peak at the infamous store, I realized that what I was seeing was truly real.  Simple cursive letters read 'Sprinkles Cupcakes,' and the trip immediately took a turn for the sweet.  My boyfriend had vaguely remembered hearing of the name but he had NO IDEA what he was about to experience.  I actually had the chance to taste these little wonderful creations a few years ago when my cousin brought a couple dozen back from California, so I told him to brace his self.


After glancing over the numerous flavors they had for the day, we decided to go with the Red Velvet Cupcake.  It's one of my boyfriends favorite flavors and since this was the one I had the chance to inhale try out, I knew it would be a winner with him...


...And I can say with a fair amount of certainty that it was.  It might have taken no more than 45 seconds for that piece of heavenly cake to disappear into the hollows of his stomach.  And his reaction?  Pretty much what I expected.  "That was the best cupcake I've ever eaten."  Well, duh!  I also snagged a box of six different cupcakes (including Carrot Cake, Vanilla Milk Chocolate, Banana, Black and White, Red Velvet, and Dark Chocolate) for our Reds' friend.


Sprinkles Cupcakes' aren't located everywhere, but if you're ever in the vicinity of one, you have to make the effort to get to it.  I realize that this Tried & True Tuesday isn't featuring a recipe, but Sprinkles founder Candace Nelson doesn't get asked to judge Food Network's show Cupcake Wars because she doesn't know how to make the most absolutely delightful cupcakes [known to man].  No, I would say she knows how to slap together a pretty decent treat.  But only pretty decent ☺ .

3 comments:

  1. A Sprinkles just recently opened in San Diego, near me. I went a few times already. I wish I could go all the time but the lines have been insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. something about your title drew me in and made me remember how much i loved cupcakes when i was in elementary school and on birthdays moms' would bring in cupcakes for the class. that's exactly where the red velvet picture took me, and i can recall the taste of a really good cupcake!! ay, i have to make some big huge chunky cupcakes like that sometime soon :) thanks for sharing. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try Sprinkles cupcakes, but unfortunately there aren't any close. I have seen kits that you can buy that has their mix and frosting though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: