3.22.2011

Stylish Blogger Award


. I have an announcement to make (that actually occurred quite a while ago, sorry!): Audrey, from A Day with a Domestic Engineer, has passed along the Stylish Blogger Award to me and Life's Simple Measures!  I, of course, don't feel that I deserve it but hey, I'll take it!  And I'd like to add in a few more !!!!!!!!! just to let you know how excited I am about it!

Once a blogger receives this award, there are several 'duties' that they (as in me) are entitled to complete:
  • Thank and link back to the person who honored you with the award (see above ☺)
  • Share 7 things about yourself (see below!)
  • Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (that won't be hard since I seem to be in awe of everyone's blogging abilities)
  • Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

So, let's get to this list of 7 things about me.  Eek, 7...?!

1.  I was born in St. Charles, MO, moved to Puyallup, WA for 8 years, and officialy grew up in Woodbury, MN where my family has been ever since.  Side note: my boyfriend was ALSO born in St. Charles, MO in the SAME hospital!  Crazy and small world, huh?? 


2.  My family are the most important people in my life, no question.  I am so extrememly fortunate and thankful to have the parents I do, who have supported me unconditionally, and a brother who I very much admire.  Truthfully, I don't know what I would do without them!

Left: Daddio, Mom and Brother (and Miso, the tiny runt in my mom's hands)

3.  I went to Creighton University in Omaha, NE to play softball.  I had the most wonderful teammates and made some life-long friends, I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything.  Oh, and I also met my boyfriend there who was a part of the baesball team (and another side note: we both played centerfield ☺)

That's us!

4.  I double majored in Entrepreneurship and Marketing, with the hopes that I'll be able to have my own restaurant/bakery like Wheatfield's.  Maybe one day...

Wheatfield's entryway, I'll be blogging about this place.  Favorite bakery in Omaha!

5.  I have three dogs, yes, three!  I've mentioned them in previous posts but in case you DON'T know, they are the absolute loves of my life.  Ollie (Oliver), Graham, and Tilly (or Tiwwy as we call her many a time), are the perfect trio and we really couldn't have asked for anything more.  If you ever meet them, you'll know why.

Left: Graham, Ollie and Tilly

6.  My boyfriend and I have been dating for just about 4-1/2 years now  (wow, wrting that out is wierd).  Many people joke that we met over the outfield fence at Creighton (ha, ha) but I like to believe that many other things brought us together.  I really don't know how he deals with me sometimes, but thankfully he does.  We've been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, but at the end of the day, I know I'm blessed to have him in my life!

During a random stop through the Wisconsin Dells.  Kodak moment!

7.  And for my last and final "fun fact", to round out all of the most important aspects of my life, I am so incredibly pleased to announce that...

My best friend is getting married!!

WoOooooOOOooo!

My beloved friend, who I spent every day in high school with, was proposed to on March 21, 2011, and I couldn't be HAPPIER for them!! 

Congratulations you two, you know who you are!

The happy couple and their beautiful baby, Nora.

So there you have it, 7 things for you to get to know the real me a little better!

And now to pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to some of those I find inspiration from...


Please check out these blogs, each and every one of them has fantastic things to offer and you will thoroughly enjoy reading their posts.  Have fun and thanks again Audrey! .

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess,
    Wow, thank you so much for the award!! I'll add it to my blog as soon as I have the energy to come up with 7 things to share. :D

    Your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Waka!! Aw, the team pic brings back memories--note how I am trying to shrink as far away from BV as possible!!

    You and Robbie are beautiful people and fabulous fur-baby parents! I'm so lucky to have coached you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! Thank you so much for giving me the award, you are just too sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me for the award! I think it's so funny that your friend just got engaged! There must be something in the air. One of my friends got engaged about 2 days before me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: